Music helps put me in the right mindset while writing, and I’m sure I’m not alone in finding a little background noise helps boost concentration. A while ago, I wrote about the type of music I prefer to listen to while writing – generally either upbeat/energetic for when I’m cranking out words, or electronic/relaxed for late night editing.
Music taste is very subjective, but it’s such a huge, invisible force that influences my writing that I thought I’d share some of the music I listened to recently while writing my book. I put in a youtube link for each track, so feel free to have a poke around and maybe you’ll discover something new that catches your fancy.
Tracks to Make Your Fingers Move
- MOVITS! – Fel Del Av Gården
- Goldfish – Get Busy Living
- Radiohead – Burn The Witch
- Caravan Palace – Lone Digger
- Ludique – The Professor
- Atoms For Peace – Default
- Pogo – Alice
- Penguin Cafe Orchestra – Perpetuum Mobile
Focus and Frisson
- Parov Stelar – Psychadelic Jazz
- Foals – Spanish Sahara
- Other Lives – For 12
- Kaiben – The Road
- Flight Facilities – Clair De Lune feat. Christine Hoberg
- Ludovico Einaudi – The Tower
- Brian Eno – An Ending
- The Cinematic Orchestra – To Build A Home
Photo by jeff_golden licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic.